What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Another week 1st to 7th of July


What was it I said last week about famous last words?  This week has been a week of hurry up and wait. I'm waiting for a balsa order to arrive, I'm waiting for the right glue to be unpacked at the local hobby shop, the fuel tanks I've ordered STILL haven't bloody turned up and I can't get the colour Oracote I need to finish off two projects! - It's on back order. Grrrr!!!!


On Tuesday night I went to my Club's AGM and walked in as my usual shy, quiet, retiring and timid self (well I'm SORT OF like that) - shut up in the back row!!! By the time the meeting had finished I found out I'd been elected Vice President. Ummm - it also appears I am now the Editor of the Club's Newsletter and have been charged with preparing a report on why  the club should have it's own website and what is involved. Railroaded?? Well the term does come to mind.


Highlight of the week - well the Postman did bring some joy in the form of a set of plans for a B25 Mitchell and a FW TA152H - Thanks Grant.


The other delivery was this ripper little Cox .049 R/C engine which I bought from a bloke on RC Groups. Came with a spare standard  head, a glow plug adapter head and a heap of props and other gear. Thank you Glenn.


.
Lovely little gadget.

Hopefully this week will be better - the balsa will arrive, the glue will be on the shelves, the fuel tanks will turn up, the Oracote will be available, the pink pigs will be fully fueled up and ready to take off and I'll be able to get my head down and do some building. Hang in there gentle readers sooner or later we WILL get some more progress. To my mate the super balsa basher - Yes Mate - I know I can't build as fast as you can but unlike you I'm not youthful, virile and ambidextrous, - nor can I use a balsa knife between my toes while gluing two bulkheads together with one hand and recharging a Lipo with the other. Ha, ha , ha. - Sorry Tony. :)