What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Thursday, November 8, 2012

I've Been doing Other Things!

Besides being Secretary of my Club I'm also the Newsletter Editor and now, the Webmaster of the Club's new Website. This has taken me away from the building board for a week or so and flying seems to be a thing other people get to do.

Anyway - it's some years since I built a website and so I had to get  the reading glasses out, brush off my HTML reference and try to put the bloody thing together - Yeah, well - last I heard we had HTML3 - now there is HTML5,  XHTML and a whole sh*t load of other stuff - ummmmm - steep learning curve. After a lot of coffee, swearing, muttering, assassination of gremlins, grinding of glitches and of teeth I've finally got a website started and on line. For anyone who is interested in how we do it way down here in Tasmania, or wants to have a giggle at my efforts, the website address is: -


http://www.tasmanianaeromodellingacademy.net.au

As mentioned I'm also the Club's Newsletter Editor so if you want a copy emailed to you contact me on my email address - echo.echo100@gmail.com - the Newsletter is published at the beginning of each month and you will need MSWord or something that can open Word documents. I can send a copy in RTF format if you ask.

Hopefully next week I'll be back to the building board and,  if the weather God's are in a good mood, I might even get to go flying.