What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Thursday, June 27, 2013

Update - June 2013

Well - I've done it and thinned down the collection to an almost manageable level. The Senior Telemaster, The Powerhouse and the Fournier RF4 have gone to new homes and I'm considering an offer on two more models. As well as that I've sold 31 model engines and given away a heap of unused plans. The result of all this is that I now have some room in the hangar to get moving and finish a couple of projects that have sat on the wall for to long.

As well as that there are a couple of new projects that I've been going to start for some time now but haven't got past the thinking about it stage.

SO - the current build list has been modified - What? - OK - Yes - again.

1st priorities: -
 1. The Texan to Wirraway conversion
 2. The Lancaster build
 3. The much neglected and overlooked Aero Commander.

2nd Priorities: -
1. The Mosquito build
2. The PBY Catalina. - I'm going to build this one to represent an Australian "Black Cat" from WWII

"Tidy ups"
I'm putting the finishing touches to the Bird of Time, The Asso Champion and the Phoenix.

"Our Father" moments.
 I'm still learning to fly the heli's.  I've managed to avoid any real catastrophe's but I admit to - errrrr -  a few bits of bark off here and there. So far I've replaced one set of main blades and two sets of tail rotor blades - miraculously without damage to anything more than a couple of connections and one belt on the Shuttle ZXX. So far the Kalt Space Baron has survived unharmed from my fumbling fingers and thumbs.