What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Friday, June 1, 2012

June 2012 Update


 I just gotta get this under Control!!!


The start of a new financial year is as good as anytime to do a complete review of where my building program is at! I have this habit of getting all enthused and starting a lot of different builds at the same time, especially as from time to time my health lets me down and I retreat into the building cave. So - as I do every so often It's time to take the razor to the build list - Some models will be moved to the back of the hangar and some projects will be moved forward. There might even be one or two that will be given away or end up in the rubbish bin.


Yeah well - it's confession time so here's the list of what I have that flies: -
The Kyosho Trainer - A classic learn to fly High wing with 40 power
The Powerhouse, - My favourite Old Timer
Red Ned - Bliss - a powered glider - take it up - throttle back and fly!
The Float Plane, - This is one I restored - 60 power and floats.


Then there are those models that HAVE flown but met with unfortunate landings (read dumb pilot): -
The Harvard - Doing a rebuild and upgrade on this - Scale - working everything - radial engine
The Phoenix - I keep crashing it - and it keeps getting rebuilt!


And here's the list of what is yet to fly - and the current stage of build: -
1.The Senior Telemaster - Fuselage finished - wings on the board - covering to come - Enya 60X power
 2. The Lancaster, - Long term project - fuselage almost done - some redesigning involved
3. The Fournier RF4. - Fuselage finished - wings on the board - covering to come - ASP 30 4 stroke for power
4. The Mosquito PRXVI - the other long term project - early stages
5. The Lanzo Bomber - just started
6.  The CAC P51D - just started - my hot project  - Super Tigre 90 power
7. The Aero Commander Shrike - This one has been sitting in the back of the hangar - just moved up in the list
8. The WWI Monoplane - my own design - sitting at the back of the hangar
9. The Wittman Tailwind - Nothing happening - sitting at the back of the hangar
10. The Cassut Racer - Nothing happening - sitting at the back of the hangar


11.The 2 Blue Box Pilots - Not really a build - one to go in the P51 - the other in the Harvard


And finally the model plans that are lurking in the back ground begging me to start building: -
A PBY5 Catalina
A Senior Playboy
A Beaufighter
An SR71
A Curtis P40
A Neiuport Type 12
An Albatross D5a
A DH2e
A Douglas DC3
A SE5a
There are other plans in my collection - at one stage I had intentions of building them all - BUT - unfortunately I'm not going to live to be 204!


Yeah - I know - I'm as crazy as a hatter in a sock factory - tell me something I don't know!!!