What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Friday, September 7, 2012

Resurrection, Confusion & an Offer I couldn't Refuse


At last, the camera has been replaced and - much to my delight - and confusion - they've managed to retrieve 319 photos I thought I'd lost! - How the hell did they do it?? - I haven't got a clue, but I'm not going to question an unexpected gift. The only thing is I'm now confused because I suddenly have 319 previously taken build photos to choose from so I've just grabbed a few at random to add to the build threads. I'll go through the lot and sort them out over the weekend so be prepared to be driven nuts by update messages if you are subscribed to this Blog.

Then, on top of all that along comes a mate and dumps a heap of model stuff on my door step, I really needed some more building projects like a hole in the head - BUT - who can knock back a part built model complete with plans and all the materials needed to finish it off ??? I definitely can't. So I now have a Wittman Tailwind,  a DC3 (Dakota) and a Tiger Moth to add to my hangar.


The Wittman Tailwind

As well as that the CNC kit for my Cessna L19 Bird Dog has arrived and some one else gave me a collection of diecaste 1:72 fighter models. All I need to do is work out where the hell to display them !


Where do you display over 30 diecaste models??

Any way, there are a few new pics on the Telemaster and Lanzo Bomber pages plus a few new ones I've dumped here as well. Normal update tomorrow.