What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 26/08/12 to 1/09/12


Another month rolls by - the first day of spring already! That's for us half frozen southern hemisphere mob - you northern blokes are about to descend into Autumn - (Fall for American Readers) - and then WINTER. Oh how I pity you - no flying weather - a pile of off season projects - short days and long winter nights. But - as they say - what goes round comes  round - when we bake - you freeze - and vice versa.

Not a lot to report this week as I'm holding back on some of the projects so I can photograph the progress logically. Hopefully the saga of the camera is coming to an end soon as the Distributor has bought into things. Report at the end of this post.


Existing Projects - progress - or lack of it.

Lanzo Bomber. I have all the ribs cut out and now I'm starting to build the wings. The Tailplane, elevators, fin and rudder have been fitted to the fuselage and I'm gradually getting my head around installing the servos, fuel tank and RX battery.

Big Lazy Bee. I''ve finally got myself in gear and started to laminate all the curved pieces. It's a slow process and I can only bring myself to making one every couple of days. I have all sorts of excuses of course - the glue hasn't cured, It's a cold day and I better give it more time. I can find more ways to delay or avoid making lamination's than there are stars in the sky!!!

Telemaster. The model is finished, still waiting on the weather god for it's maiden flight.

Aero Commander. The fuselage bulkheads are fitted and I'm now up to thinking about how to get everything mounted inside the damn thing

Harvard to Wirraway. I've started to apply the knife and make a number of repairs to the bare bones fuselage. I borrowed a camera to grab a couple of preliminary shots till my own camera ( yep - THAT bloody disaster) is returned. Check out the pics and update on the Texan to Wirraway page.

Lancaster. Not much has happened this week - waiting for some parts to be machined for the retracts

Fournier. Still at the back of the hangar.

Hustler Delta. Build temporarily suspended

Now - the camera.

I've finally got the Dealer to admit liability and the Distributor is going to replace the camera with a new one. That is promised for delivery by Wednesday. I'm hoping the Distributor's promises are a bit more reliable than the Dealer's. If, finally, things get sorted out I'll update all photo's during the week. Check back Wednesday or Thursday if you are interested.