What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Monday, January 14, 2013

A Quick Update

Not a lot has happened since my last post and the recent bush fires here in Tasmania curtailed flying activities to some extent. The building board has also been left to it's own devices for the last few weeks while Christmas and other annoyances got in the way. One thing I have done is to re-post the Powerhouse build photos as a  reference point for a mate in the US.  Unfortunately some of the photos and the original text have disappeared into that same black hole that has claimed all my missing socks - but I've cobbled something together for him and he can email with any other queries if he needs to.

I'm just starting to get myself back into gear and restart my building program. One change is the removal of the Big Lazy Bee project from the blog - unfortunately the project met with a sticky end and it's been scrapped before it was finished. The culprit is doing suitable penance. I still have a copy of the plan and I may have another go at it later but right now I have enough (read more than enough) projects on the go.